Monday, February 15, 2010

And So It Begins....

The trouble started with dinner - my first actual meal of the day.  I suppose you could say the trouble started with the assignment but that would be a lie as anyone would tell you I've been looking forward to this all weekend.  This is exactly what I wanted.  This is not what I wanted.  I'm not into vitamins but I'm fairly sure if I don't add one to my diet for the next two weeks I'll die.   

Here's how things are:

1.  I broke a tooth this weekend; in all probability exposing a nerve that is causing me extreme pain at any pressure.  Dentist appt. tomorrow.  Thank goodness.  I could've gone today but I would've missed class and that was not happening.  Reasons why I suffer!  

2. I am sick.  No avoiding it.  Slight sore throat, mostly just runny nose and general sense of malaise.  It is as it is. 

3.  I have decided (as of last Wednesday) that when I got my assignment I'd de-virtualize it.  I'm doing this for real.  I am, as far as anyone is concerned, living with celiac disease for the next two weeks.  I'm thrilled (my mom will be too...).  


Okay, now because of 1 and 2, I just wanted some soup, something easy on the mouth, vitamin packed.   I have to kick this cold.  I have too much to do not to.  Because of 3, this was certainly not so easy.  

I'm yet to go to the store for my groceries (which I needed anyway, no big inconvenience) so I was thinking a nice condensed soup ought to do the trick.  Campbells.  Fine.  

NOT FINE.  So. not. fine.  Chicken noodle of any kind OUT thank you pasta... Okay.  Fine.  Nothing creamy because of the flour used to thicken it.  Less fine.  I don't eat tomato soup.  My options were drastically limited by this point.   I found one though.  Finally.  Oh boy.

Everything else in our house - gluten except for things you can't eat on their own.   You can have the peanut butter...but not the crackers or bread to put it on.   Vegetables and rice...okay, but no soy sauce or teriyaki.  It's going to be long.  I can already tell.  Can't WAIT to try eating out.  Side Salads much?  Oh god, the ranch?  ...food starch.  Edible starch is on the list of things NOT to eat.  Well damn.  



I am certainly investing in gluten-free flour for these two weeks.  


Also happening:  I'm finding a scale to watch my weight.  Don't want to accidentally lose 15 pounds.  That seems unhealthy.  It seems very possible.  I want to do this right, not kill my body (which is clearly already falling apart see 1 & 2).

Dinner's ready.
Campbell's Chicken Rice soup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment