Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day Two

Hooray for a first gluten-free advertised quick and easy meal!  

I went to the grocery today and forgot my list of not okay ingredients, but I think I did a pretty good job.  Some stuff I'll need to check against the list before I eat it just to make sure -- but I'm fairly certain I'm in the clear.  This won't be so bad.  

Stopped at Naturally Yours of course first for their gluten free aisles so I could get quick stuff and also flour substitute for bread/muffins/other assorted baked goods.  The plan was to eat mostly natural things, eat mostly stuff that takes its energy from the sun or one step removed.  And I mean, it's still part of the plan ... but there were so many goodies!  I spent a small fortune but I can't wait to try stuff out.  

fun fact: Captain Crunch - gluten free.  

I bought cookies and 
pastas and easy lunchtime meals.  I bought juice and cereal and brownie mix and fruit snacks and vegetables.  THIS IS FUN!  I could do this for realsies!  


Hah, so tonight is mac 'n cheese because I'm eating so late and because of dentist's orders.  I'm supposed to eat soft foods for some days (they took my remaining two wisdom teeth) which canceled my chicken and balsamic vegetables over rice plan.  The hygienist suggested a list of foods to eat that were all things I thought I couldn't eat due to the wheat thing and my lactose thing but imagine my surprise to find gluten-free mac 'n cheese first thing!  The first item on her list!  Check! Cart! Purchase! Success!  Tasted like easy mac!  I'd definitely do that again.  

Cookies later?  I think so, as a reward for doing some homework finally.  

What else? 

Breakfast!  So easy so easy!  I can eat whatever I want except for toast...and donuts...but that's another story.  I got so excited for some Dunkin' before remembering it's not coffee and donuts without the donut.  Sadday.  I found gluten-free donuts today, too, but they were frozen and that made me a little nervous... Besides, they weren't crullers so they were hardly even donuts.  

Tomorrow will be interesting, it's one of my long days.  9-9 with few breaks (four classes and a morning at work) means usually foods I can keep in my backpac
k all day and munch on constantly.  Usually granola bars and sandwiches, goldfish, that sort of thing.  Not tomorrow.  I hope I picked up enough to last.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Soft, transportable, gluten-free foods.   Gee, great. 

Breakfast:
cheesy eggs
bacon

Lunch:
bloody gauze. 

Dinner:
gluten-free macaroni and cheese


Dessert:
snickerdoodles!  gluten-free and DELICIOUS soft and chewy

No comments:

Post a Comment