Saturday, February 20, 2010

Supreme Mouth Opening?

So, do allergies count for things not ingested through the mouth orifice?  This is the question of the day.  Really, it is the question of last night, but so it carries into the morning and thus it carries here.  

What if some wheat flour or something were to accidentally get somewhere else?  Naked bread making, say.  Would that count?  Send me to the emergency room?  That's extraordinarily unlikely of course but hypothetically, in some grand What If, hospitalization?  This comes from this moment of HORROR (we're talking sheer terror) when I was in the shower and thought What about my shampoo?!
Shampoo indeed.  I use a homemade shampoo and as I was lathering I remembered - THE GLUTEN!?!  

Right there.  On the label.  Wheat protein and starch.  Oh nuts!  I mean, I didn't eat it, but it was on my head... there are pores there!  And hair holes!  Should I be examining my lotions?  My whatever else??  I have no idea.  WHAT ABOUT BREATHING?? This calls for research I think.  

Till then - forget showers!  Pft!   Clean till proven otherwise. 


::edit::
It's not looking good for the Salty Dawg.  I did see something that included products w/ gluten in them like lip balm, medicine, and vitamins, but those are related directly to the mouth.  Other than that, I'm not finding much.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm not calling 911 but I guess I'll use a different shampoo for a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment