Friday, February 19, 2010

Tootsie Rolls not Donut Holes

Today was a good day. Productive. Filled with good things.

I came to the realization today that no, this isn't more expensive than my regular life style when it comes to my food habits, this is easily and entirely sustainable. I am feeling good. Really really good. I am paying for convenience and gluten-free convenience doesn't come cheap. It's not easy. It probably shouldn't be cheap.

In all actuality, no food should probably be "cheap." It's like - you go to the store and you pay a ton for fresh fruits and veggies that will last a week at best before they're gone or what's left goes bad or you go to walmart where you can pick up your soaps and furniture and dvd player and bicycle and pants and scrapbooking material in addition to processed foods up the wazoo and when you pay a ton you've got food to last you for a month or even maybe longer that's fast and easy and some paradoxical combination of extra-meganutritious and deadly. So you go back and you say well psh I don't have time to cook but I do have time for pizza rolls and you say well psh i can't afford to eat these fruits and vegetables I don't have time to prepare anyway and so the prices of those things goes up and you say whoa the prices are even more outrageous when I could spend the same amount on 3 apples as I would on a whole meal for my family. But really it's like you pay a ton for fruits and vegetables and meats and stuff but like, that's what food is supposed to cost and the rest, that cheap stuff has somehow become cheap for a reason that I am sure isn't for the betterment of the American peoples.

Know what I'm sayin'??

Breakfast:
Cereal

Lunch:
Salad

Later:
French Fries

Dinner:
hot & spicy beef
rice

Later:
cookies
candy

No comments:

Post a Comment